This is going to be the placeholder for all of the moves that are going to happen today in response to the DLing of SP Zach Day and OF Alex Escobar by the Nats.
Promoted to Washington
- Saul Rivera (from New Orleans): Rivera returns for his second turn in the Washington bullpen. Maybe this time he’ll actually get to pitch. Rivera is a 29-year old RH RP who has been with the Nationals’ organization since 2004. This year he has pitched in 12 games (28.1IP) with the Zephyrs with 1.59ERA 1.31WHIP 7.9K/9 3.8BB/9 and 0.3HR/9. Rivera should be used in longer relief stints (i.e. 2 IP).
- Santiago Ramirez (from New Orleans): The 27-year old Ramirez was signed as a minor league free agent in the offseason after the 2005 season. He has been pitching in relief for New Orleans, amassing 7 saves in 19G (27.1IP) with 0.99ERA 0.73WHIP 9.2K/9 1.3BB/9 and 0.3HR/9. He is likely to assume a spot after Majewski, Rodriguez, and Eischen in the bullpen.
Promoted to New Orleans
- Devin Perrin (from Harrisburg): The 25-year old RH RP continues his step-by-step ascent through the organization by joining the AAA Zephyrs’ bullpen from AA Harrisburg. In 11 games (17.2IP) with the Senators, Perrin has 3.57ERA 1.58WHIP 10.2K/9 4.6BB/9 and 0 HR allowed. He’ll likely be a middle relief pitcher but he has the ability to assume a more prevalent role in setting up/clsoing when needed.
- Chris Schroder (from Harrisburg): Schroder is a 27-year old RH RP who was one of the Nats’ prospects sent to the Arizona Fall League. He’s reastically an organizational guy at this point. This is his second trip to New Orleans in 2006 (4G 8IP 0H 0R 7BB 13K). In Harrisburg, 9 games (14.1IP) with a 5.02ERA 1.67WHIP 8.1K/9 3.8BB/9 and 1.3HR/9.
Promoted to Harrisburg
- Brett Nyquist (from Savannah): Thanks to frequent commenter, Bill, who has some inside knowledge, we now know that the 24-year old LH RP will be jumping over Potomac directly to the Senators. Nyquist returned to the Nationals’ organization in 2006 after a year off. In 12 games (41.1IP) for the Sand Gnats, he has 2.83ERA 1.28WHIP 6.1K/9 2.0BB/9 and 0.9HR/9. He’ll likely join the bullpen in Harrisburg (assuming a member of the Senators bullpen is promoted to New Orleans).
- Chris Thompson (from Savannah): The 24-year old RH RP has been all over the Nationals organization so far in 2006. Five games in Savannah (7.2IP 2H 0HR 0R 7BB 10K). One game in Potomac (2IP 1H 0HR 0R 0BB 2K). Five games in New Orleans (10.2IP 11H 2HR 9R [all ER] 9BB 11K).
Promoted to Savannah
- UPDATE - Don Levinski (from extended spring training): The 24-year old RH RP returns to the Nationals organization after being trade to first Florida (as part of the 2002 Cliff Floyd trade) and then to Baltimore (as part of the 2003 Jeff Conine trade). Per Baseball America, Levinski can reach 95-96 mph with his four-seam fastball, hits 88-90 mph with his heavy two-seam sinker and also owns a plus curveball. He hasn’t pitched any higher than A Advanced (twice in his five year professional career).
- UPDATE – Coby Mavroulis (from extended spring training): A 21st round selection out of Texas A&M in the 2005 MLB First Year Player draft. The 22-year old made 9 appearances and pitched 25 innings with a 5.04ERA, 1.68WHIP, 10.4K/9IP, 4.3BB/9IP, and 0.7HR/9IP for the GCL Nationals in 2005.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.